The reusable beeswax wrap is making a comeback!
A beeswax wrap provides us with a natural, sustainable & safe alternative to cling wrap. For many years we have had an unhealthy love affair with plastic to wrap food and, thankfully, we are starting to look for other options, both for health reasons and to help our fragile planet.
Reasons to use them –
- They are made from natural ingredients, primarily beeswax, sometimes with another oil and/or natural pine resin,
- Beeswax wraps are free from harmful chemicals and the endocrine disrupters found in plastic.
- They are biodegradable and kind to our planet.
- Being a reusable product beeswax wraps are cost effective.
- With proper care a beeswax wrap will last for about a year.
- They keep food fresher for longer.
- They are easy to clean.
- They can be rejuvenated naturally by an afternoon in the sun.
- They look great and are an easy way to cover bowls and wrap food.
Before these come back on the scene, many of us tried the new ‘biodegradable’ cling wrap. Yes, it’s good that it’s biodegradable but there doesn’t seem to be much ‘cling’ with this product and therefore there is a lot more wastage and it’s harder to keep food fresh. A beeswax wrap has both biodegradability and it adheres easily to a bowl or as a fold using the warmth from our hands. With so many size options and packs available it’s hard not to fall in love with these happy little wrappers. Try them for yourself, not only will you be pleasantly surprised with their effectiveness but you’ll also be helping our environment.
Follow along on our adventures at Instagram