What are the benefits of burning beeswax candles?
We are told that they are better to burn than paraffin and soy wax candles, but why? Exactly what are the benefits of burning beeswax candles?
Firstly, we love the instant ambiance created by the lighting of a beeswax candle and it’s unique ultra-golden flame. They may be more expensive to buy than other candles but they are at least ten times better for our health!
TOP 5 BENEFITS
- Beeswax candles burn longer and brighter than other wax candles such as soy and paraffin, without the use of added synthetic hardeners.
- Beeswax candles emit a naturally occurring, subtle honey scent when burning so there is no need for the addition of toxic synthetic fragrances.
- While flickering away, a beeswax candle will release negative ions that help to clean the air of odours, dust, pollen and other airborne toxins. They are the best choice of candle for sufferers of allergies and asthma.
- When burned correctly a beeswax candle won’t drip or smoke.
- An organic beeswax candle with a pure cotton wick is completely non-toxic so is safe to use inside the home without fear of contaminating the air.
Beeswax, made by bees, is the ONLY naturally occurring wax on our planet. Soy candles can still be labelled as 100% pure soy even if there is paraffin added to the wax. Paraffin is created from the sludge at the bottom of barrels of crude oil. This sludge is bleached and treated with chemicals, such as benzene, so it can be made into candles or used as an additive in other wax candles. When paraffin wax candles are burned these chemicals are released into the air. Even if one is lucky enough to buy a 100% organic soy wax candle, the underlying issue is often in the synthetic fragrance that is added.
Beeswax candles are the safest, cleanest burn of all candles. Why would you burn anything else?
Follow along on our adventures at Instagram